November 27, 2012

Sweater Weather

PARIS METRO Paris, October 2011, waiting at the metro station near The Eiffel Tower.
{Scarf H&M; Sunglasses from Poland gifted by my friend, Kasia}

FIRENZENovember 21, 2011, over a year ago, I was living in Florence admiring the tiny trucks.
{Scarf H&M; Sweater PIMKIE; Bag H&M; Jeans FOREVER21; Glasses RAY-BAN}


After Chicago's swift tease that we all might endure a light Autumn/Winter season, the weather is now back to seeing-my-breath and double-layered-socks cold (as well as indoors if you're too stubborn to keep the gas running like me). The absolute worst, apart from if there was a massive blizzard, is getting into an even colder car every morning. Grabbing a cold steering wheel is painful. Even with gloves, I dance around it. Lately, I've been happily sporting a Liz Claiborne chunky (I really hate that word) knit sweater that I discovered at a thrift store for a mere $2.49. It's my most cherished clothing item at the moment. The creamy biscuit colored sweater is heavy, but not overbearing, and has a SUPER chunky rollover at the wrist that I purposely let weigh the rest of the sweater down to give it that extra laziness that I love above thick sweaters. My goal now is to find similar pieces in my favourite colors for this season, which are oxblood, mustard, dark teal, and red.


SWEATERS COLLAGE 11/27

Images via Pinterest
{Find similar sweaters here, here & here}

Pinterest is like the ultimate window shopper's indulgence. It satisfies your shopping urge without feeling your funds are dwindling. I find so many pieces on there I wish I could buy, but sometimes it's pleasant to just browse and generate ideas or inspiration within your own wardrobe. I chose a few sweaters I particularly like this season, and those that are easily duplicated (for probably no more than a few dollars at your local thrift store).


No comments:

Post a Comment