March 6, 2013

NEED & WANT: LINENS


I've decided to call my design concept posts "Needs & Wants" for two reasons. The need because I typically produce an idea or design for the sake of my own cravings. It may be a bit on the selfish side, but designing for yourself comes naturally- every writer has a diary, don't they? The want because after I get these design spurs, I typically lust after them and photos of inspiration for many, many weeks. As of late, I've been constantly thinking about nothing else but linen. Linen tanks, blouses, shorts, dresses, etc. Like most Midwesterners, this is about the time I long for summer and those balmy nights. Every season I search for pieces that are easy, and simple. This year, I've decided to take on the challenge of making them. Delicate pieces easily slipped in and out of, marrying the space between body and air.



via 1 // 2 // 3


No comments:

Post a Comment