March 9, 2013

MY SIMPLE SKINCARE


My philosophy: skincare should be easy. Nobody wants to go through a dozen or more steps of rubbing things on their face before bed - as well as when they wake up. The simpler, the better. Plus, I, personally, believe that the more complicated you make it, the worse it might be. Skin is sensitive. It doesn't matter if it's oily, dry, or combination - it's skin. If it doesn't like something, it will be agitated. Layering on multiple products is just layering on more and more chemicals. My suggestion: keep it down to 2 or 3. Your products will work more efficiently and if something doesn't work, you'll most likely know what it is right away!

My skin: dehydrated
I very rarely have a breakout, but my skin is very dry. During summer it's not as dry, but I still feel that tightness after cleansing my face, before applying moisturizer. I use Aveeno Smart Essentials Daily Detoxifying Scrub because it's so gentle, deeply cleanses, and doesn't irritate my skin. It's gentle enough to use every night - especially to rid any dry skin patches! I use Cetaphil's Moisturizing Cream as a facial moisturizer, although I think it's used for body as well. It's thick enough to quench my skin's thirst, but not leave it feeling greasy!

These products are also extremely affordable. Especially the Cetaphil cream - it lasts for so long! The cream has no scent - which can sometimes agitate very sensitive skins - so that is a huge plus! The Aveeno has a very light, sweet scent that is refreshing and really pleasant in the shower.

Overall: These are currently my only skincare products and they're working beautifully. Keep it simple & easy. Allow your skin to be naturally healthy rather than soaked up with product.

Oh yeah, and drink lots of water.




// my current brow routine - click here //

No comments:

Post a Comment