February 19, 2013

REVIEW: KEVIN.MURPHY FRESH.HAIR DRY SHAMPOO


Today's beauty review is a new product I just recently purchased, Kevin Murphy's Fresh.Hair dry shampoo. I bought this with my last haircut a couple of weeks ago, and it's the first dry shampoo I've ever used. From what I've read in other reviews, most dry shampoos leave a white residue (from the powdery, oil absorbing factor) or simply don't do the job.




This product smells SO GOOD. It's hard to describe its scent, but it's sort of like a vanilla and a light fruit mixture. It's lovely. And no white residue is left behind after a quick shake of the fingers. Actually,  any residue at all is only visible if the product is applied to heavily I've found. My grading is as follows:

---
Packaging - A
Formula - A
Efficiency - A-
Scent - A
Appearance - A
Control - A
Repurchase? Yes, definitely
---

The only detail that might turn others off is the price, it's about $22 retail, but I purchased it from a stylist who's a friend for $15. Definitely not drugstore price point, but If you consider it's quality compared to drugstore products, I think it's worth it.

It's also cruelty free!





And a wonderful shot of my roots which I applied the product too! This is before I shook it out with my fingers (gently). You can see there's only a tiny bit of visible product - most of it is reflection from my bathroom light. I have very dark hair, so if it were noticeable, I would not use this product.




All images taken by myself


No comments:

Post a Comment